Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Everything...

What if you got everything that you wanted? Sounds great, right? Wrong. I have everything. I get along with my family, I am a happy, confident person who is not dying slowly from some uncurable disease, I have a great part in the Musical, I get along with everyone I know (to some extent), I was on the varsity field hockey team, I have been accepted into one school, I love my classes....But the amount of work that I have...I can't even enjoy any of it because I am either rushing to complete the next thing or I am asleep, dead tired. I have amazing friends who trust me explicitly: I have to write their evaluations, which is a great honor. I love my anthropology course: have to complete 6-7 hours of field study and field notes, a 15 page ethnography and a presentation for my class. I am smart enough to go to any college and vain enough to care about whether I am happy or not: I have five more applications to do, interviews to complete etc. I love my english class: I have a 15 page paper to do. I love my math class: have to retake a test...blah blah blah, I know, not interesting. I suppose I am just so tired and this list of things to do (learn my lines for the play, clean my entire room) is making me feel like I am being crushed. Sigh. I'll get over it. I just wish that this Thanksgiving Break could be more about my family and fun than about all the work I have to do. It's not like I don't work my ass off. I mean, this is my last Thanksgiving when I am officially living at home. Kinda sad, isn't it? Rush, rush, rush and I don't even know where I am going. Oy vey, no matters, haha, I'll get back to it! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: